Brisbane Egi Club inc.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northside round 6 report-final round for 2010

+5
Paul
Cactuar
GRAHAME
Raymond Y
Mick
9 posters

Go down

Northside round 6 report-final round for 2010 Empty Northside round 6 report-final round for 2010

Post  Mick Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:38 pm

Thanks all for attending last night.Thanks also to Mikey,Dale and Pam for joining us for the first time.
Weather wasn't quite what was predicted when we arrived,wind was a fair bit stronger than the forecast.
Once partnered up,most went in pretty different directions than the last round.
Again the wind was a factor,with some heading to Scarborough to get away from it early but unfortunately for no results.
Some worked the jetty and adjacent foreshores,the wind still strong and results were not looking good.
As the night progressed the windspeed decreased,many moved about trying to find some clean water around the peninsula.
Some were landed in better conditions around at Scarborough-but it was a pretty tough night and the results showed.

Congratulations to the guys who scored.
Results were-

Alan- 21cm tube length. 392 grm
19cm tube length. 325 grm
Bag total-717grm
1st place-5 points + 1 point qualifying squid=6 points

Chris- 23cm tube length. 553 grm
2nd place-4 points + 1 point qualifying squid + 1 point heaviest squid=6 points

Mick- 20cm tube length. 368grm
3rd place-3 points + 1 point qualifying squid=4 points.

So we have joint round winners of Alan and Chris who both finished the night with 6 point totals.Congratulations guys.

After the weigh in and prize presentation,the tournament champion of 2010,Alan,
was presented with his prize-the Egi Force rod.
Congratulations to Alan Leahey.B.E.C tournament champion for 2010

Mick
Mick

http://brisbaneegiclub.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Northside round 6 report-final round for 2010 Empty Re: Northside round 6 report-final round for 2010

Post  Raymond Y Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:01 pm

Well done Alan!

Did you get to blood the new rod last night?
Hope all went well today too.
Raymond Y
Raymond Y

Back to top Go down

Northside round 6 report-final round for 2010 Empty Re: Northside round 6 report-final round for 2010

Post  GRAHAME Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:04 pm

thanks to Andy, Mick & Shane for running the comps and making all this possible for us to enjoy.
congratulations to the winners of the round last night, was tough going in less than perfect conditions.
special mention to alan for being the overall champion, well done mate.

when & where is the first round for next year???

G
GRAHAME
GRAHAME

Back to top Go down

Post  Cactuar Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:08 pm

fish'n'chippy (grahame) wrote:thanks to Andy, Mick & Shane for running the comps and making all this possible for us to enjoy.
G

Thanks guys it was fun, Shelly caught her first squid (still hearing bout it Laughing)

Good work Alan!!

Was great fun

Les
Cactuar
Cactuar

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:25 am

a big congrats to Alan for club champion 2010...enjoy your rod mate.
Andy ,Mick and Shane...your all sacked...big "G" has come to town..lol..
good job guys on pulling it all together.
maybe next year the weather gods will smile upon us a bit more than they did this year.
Paul

PAUL, NO ONE IS GOING TO BE SACKED, THEY JUST ASKED ME TO HELP ............ Wink
G
Paul
Paul

Back to top Go down

Post  andy Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:22 am

Congrats guys - it was a very very tough night, I even managed to stay away from the shelters at the woody pt jetty hahhaha. Pics to come as soon as ive done some minor touch ups on them.

Cheers

Andy
andy
andy

Back to top Go down

Post  Alan Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:23 am

Thanks Guys, it was definitaly tough going with the SE winds blowing straight into all the good spots. Local knowledge really helped me in this round and even then it took me 4 hours to bag my first squid for the night. It wasn't until the last 30-45 mins that Cris and I found a nice bank with a few squid on it but after we landed 4 between us (2 under size) we had to pack up and leave them biting so we could get back to the weigh in on time.

Congrats to Chris for coming equal first as well as getting the big squid. It was a classic catch to, I spotted it hard up against the rocks and said to Chris "theres one mate have a cast" so he cast his egi in and hooked it pretty quickly, he got it all the way in and dropped it at the waters edge, damn !, it didn't seem to be to upset with what just happened as it swam away quite calmly and we could still just see it about 10 metres out so Chris cast out to it and it wasn't to long before he had it hooked again but this time he landed it. Well done mate.

Congrats to Mick also for taking out second place.

A big thanks to everyone who showed up to support the club even though conditions were poor for catching squid. You are all a great bunch of guys and gals and I hope to see you all again next year allong with some new faces.

A massive thanks to Andy, Mick and Shane for putting the club together and organizing the events and prizes etc... Good on ya fellas, we all appreciate it.

Thanks to the sponsors, Fishon pro and Fish head for supporting the club and helping out with prizes, it means allot to us.

Can't wait till next year.

Cheers,
Al

PS - No Ray I didn't blood the rod yet but came close before having to head home to get ready for the op the next day. It feels great though, not to dissimilar to the Yamma but is definitely lighter and crisper due to higher carbon content, I realy like it and can't wait to land a squid on it.

The opperation went well thanks and the pain killers they have me on are fun

Cool Very Happy

Last edited by Alan on Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Alan
Alan

Back to top Go down

Post  andy Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:26 am

Good to hear the op went well AL,
andy
andy

Back to top Go down

Post  Raymond Y Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:34 pm

Good stuff Alan.

Squidding got a little too quiet...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'm awesome, haha.
Raymond Y
Raymond Y

Back to top Go down

Post  Mick Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:47 pm

Raymond Y wrote:

I'm awesome, haha.

That is going to be our new top of forum picture Razz
Love the gearS,love the catch Shocked
Mick
Mick

Back to top Go down

Post  andy Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:54 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

andy
andy

Back to top Go down

Post  Kyle Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:39 pm

Congrats alan you deserved the win mate, also congrats to all who placed, and admin on an awesome debut season. Cant wait to see you all again next year.

Kyle

Back to top Go down

Post  Partizan Fk Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:39 pm

When does next season start guys im new to this.Looked like a good year.
Partizan Fk
Partizan Fk
President

Back to top Go down

Post  Cactuar Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:32 pm

no sets dates but but the season starts mid march and finishes sept for land based anglers from what im told, as for the B.E.C there is a AGM coming up sept to discuss how its all gonna go next year
Cactuar
Cactuar

Back to top Go down

Post  Partizan Fk Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:08 pm

AGM?Whats that and where?
Partizan Fk
Partizan Fk
President

Back to top Go down

Post  GRAHAME Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:37 pm

the AGM (annual general meeting) is the formality that club needs to go through once a year.
it includes the voting in of the administration and commitee, financial statements, etc. and any new business.
this is the time & place where any ideas that members have and would like included for the next year to be voted on.
there is a seperate thread in 'ADMIN NOTICES' where we are calling for ideas to be included.

G
GRAHAME
GRAHAME

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down