Brisbane Egi Club inc.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Round 5 Redcliffe results.

4 posters

Go down

Round 5 Redcliffe results. Empty Round 5 Redcliffe results.

Post  Alan Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:09 am

Hey Guys,

As to be expected with the poor weather attendance was down for this round with only 6 anglers turning up.
For about half an hour before the scheduled 6pm start time it rained quite heavily but luckily for those of us who turned up the rain pretty much stopped right on 6pm and stayed away for the whole session. There was a bit of wind around at first but by about half way through the session we had glass out conditions. Water quality was much better than I was expecting after the gale force winds we had through the week.

Despite the reasonable conditions the squid were very hard to find. Most of us started the night fishing around the rock walls that run from Clontarf boat ramp up to Woody pt jetty. About an hour into the session I hooked my first squid and soon after lost it at the waters edge when I became snagged on some ones discarded fishing line Mad Sad .

After loosing the squid I continued to work along the rock wall until I came to the Woody Pt jetty where I found Andy. We hung around having a chat and casting egi's into the shallows for about half an hour and Andy came up tight on his first squid of the night, after a quick gaff shot it was on the deck and Andy was on the board with a descent little tiger. About 5 mins later Andy was on again, I sunk the gaff into it but this time thing didn't work out so well, I dropped the squid just before I got it over the rail Embarassed . Andy was cool about it but I think he quietly wanted to kill me on the inside Very Happy .

We hung around the jetty for a bit longer then I made my way back along the wall, about half way down I spotted a nice little tiger hard up against the rocks in the shallows and after a couple of casts I had it landed. With about an hour to go I did a quick ring around to see how the rest of the guys were going but no one had caught any squid so at this stage it was only Andy and myself on the board and that's the way it remained.

Back at the weigh in it was easy to see that Andy's squid was the winner and the scales confirmed it, so Andy took out first place as well as big squid and I got second place.

Congratulations Andy .

Massive thanks to the guys who made the effort to come along despite the bad weather which thankfully p!ssed of at the right time, sorry you didn't catch any squid though, you all deserved to.

Thanks to our sponsors [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for supply and donation of prizes, we appreciate your support of BEC.

Will get some pics up of the night asap.

Cheers,
Al

Alan
Alan

Back to top Go down

Round 5 Redcliffe results. Empty Re: Round 5 Redcliffe results.

Post  Partizan Fk Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:12 am

Id like to say thanks to the guys for a really good night.I cant wait for the next round.For the guys who couldnt make it SOFT.And thanks to the sponsors for the prizes we really appreciate it.
Partizan Fk
Partizan Fk
President

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:49 am

what a tuff night , didn't see a squid till weigh in time.
congrats to Andy and Al...good job guys.
there's allways next round and hopefully it will turn on more squid than last night...(that wouldn't be hard)....a big thanks to fish on pro for the prizes as they were well earned by the guys who won.
2 squid was more than I expected to see last night.....thats fishin'
Chris....you weren't the only one who drove thru p1ssing rain to catch stuff all lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
mug
see y'all next round
Paul
Paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:19 pm

Fella's,
It was good to catch up with you, and yes thanks to Fish On Pro Shop, our sponsor for the generous prizes. Just for participating I scored a great pair of braid scissors, even though like Paul, I didn't see a squid all night.
But, that's where the positivity should end. Let's admit it & stop sugar coating the weather conditions .......
It was crap! The winds leading up to the night & on the night, coupled with the downpour of rain made the water clarity bad to terrible!
I understand the difficulties organizing the events, but we, as a group need to think about a 'plan B' in the future for problems like we had in this round!
I'll be addressing this problem at the coming AGM, so like minded people should also think about alternatives.
Till next event .....
Chris

Chris

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:51 am

Chris...
dont you mean..."DUD" lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
IT WAS CRAP ALLRIGHT lol! lol! lol!
mug
Paul
Paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Alan Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:29 pm

I mustn't be as fussy as some, I genuinely think the weather was fine during the comp, yes it was crap leading up to it, I think the water quality was passable also. Unfortunately we can't dial up perfect conditions for each round as we are dealing with mother nature.

We have also been restricted to weekends as requested by the members which has made things hard with organising as we only have 2 weekends a month where the tides have been suitable. I personally think we should go back to the way it was last year as having the events on the weekend hasn't increased attendance anyway, it gives us more flexability, most of the people who requested the changes haven't turned up to a single round .

Look at some of the other comps around, they are held on the organised date and at a the predetermined location regardless off conditions, they also cost allot more to enter and the fee has to be paid well in advance of the comp date, the fees are not refundable if you don't turn up.

With our comps it costs bugger all to enter and you pay the fee on the night. You are not obligated to enter and if you don't want to come along due to weather or whatever reason that is up to you . If you do choose to come along and the night doesn't work out the way you wanted it to then that's the way it go's, no point whinging about it afterwards imo that's poor form.

At the end of the day no matter what changes are made or what dates we choose to hold the comps on etc..etc...etc.. we can't please everyone, that's life, you take the good with the bad.

Cheers,
Al

Alan
Alan

Back to top Go down

Post  Partizan Fk Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:52 pm

I think this should all be covered in the AGM.
Partizan Fk
Partizan Fk
President

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:37 pm

Fella's,
The AGM is the place to discuss issues like this because there it becomes an opportunity for the club members to explore ways of making things work more successfully.
Success in a club like ours is participation and we don't have much of that ...... So let's work at getting it right!
Chris

Chris

Back to top Go down

Post  Partizan Fk Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:08 pm

Well said Chris
Partizan Fk
Partizan Fk
President

Back to top Go down

Post  Alan Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:10 am

Some pics of the night, I know their a bit late but better late than never Very Happy .[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Alan
Alan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down