Brisbane Egi Club inc.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Social round Saturday 19th May Manly

+9
Matt
Robbie
Chris
Steve
ROBFISH
kaspar1501
Cactuar
onekaygee
Partizan Fk
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Social round Saturday 19th May Manly - Page 2 Empty Social round Saturday 19th May Manly

Post  Partizan Fk Mon May 14, 2012 3:03 pm

First topic message reminder :

Guys as discussed at the AGM every month there will be a social round.This Saturday at 5pm at Manly.There will be a prize for the biggest squid and there is not entrance fee.The social round will be partnered to keep things semi official.
Details
Social Round
Meet time: 4.00pm to 4.30pm
Meeting location:Manly(Wilsons)
Competition Start time:5pm
Competition Finish time:9pm
Cost:Nil
Should be a hoot.So come out guys and go for the Kraken.
Also i would like to see what people think about having a swap meet for the possibility of swapping jigs or gear.So if you have any jigs or gear that you want to look at swapping then you could bring them to swap after the social round.Let me know your thoughts before the end of week so we can make it more official.

Partizan Fk
Partizan Fk
President

Back to top Go down

Social round Saturday 19th May Manly - Page 2 Empty Re: Social round Saturday 19th May Manly

Post  ROBFISH Fri May 18, 2012 10:37 am

ROBBIE, I HAVE A SPARE BLACK DIAMOND HEAD LIGHT TO BORROW.I WILL BRING IT TOMORROW IF YOU WANT . REGARDS ROB
ROBFISH
ROBFISH

Back to top Go down

Social round Saturday 19th May Manly - Page 2 Empty Re: Social round Saturday 19th May Manly

Post  Matt Fri May 18, 2012 4:57 pm

All going well I will turn up tomorrow, albeit with possibly a few smashed fingers as I need to get to a point in my bathroom reno in prep for the waterproofer.
Matt
Matt

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave H Fri May 18, 2012 6:55 pm

bummer cant make this social round :'(
as for the Kracken I'm yet to see an octopus swim on the surface
Dave H
Dave H

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Mon May 21, 2012 12:32 pm

Sorry Guys, I was stuck in renovation hell. When I did pack it in for the day I only made it to the couch, and then the fridge .....this happened a few times then I crashed.
Sleep
Any report for the night - It was looking as though it was going to be a good one.
Matt
Matt

Back to top Go down

Post  kaspar1501 Mon May 21, 2012 1:50 pm

the squiding was tuff but some people came up with the goods exspecially ned with his good squid at around 600 grams
kaspar1501
kaspar1501

Back to top Go down

Post  GRAHAME Mon May 21, 2012 4:05 pm

kaspar1501 wrote:the squiding was tuff but some people came up with the goods exspecially ned with his good squid at around 600 grams

Bud, I think that you need to put a bit more effort into learning how to spell, and how to catch squid........

I only fished for about half of the allotted time with grant, who caught his first ever tiger within 30min of starting (his brother did as well), and we had caught 9 out of the 15 or so that we saw.
I found the fishing to be consistent, we saw a couple of 'nice ones' in one school and also the evidence left behind from another 'really good' squid that unfortunately didn't make it to the weigh in.
It was a fun night, meeting some new people who obviously enjoyed the experience, and Ned was as effervescent as always.
Grant and I also had the opportunity to witness a squid catch and eat a live prawn right in front of us, which was pretty cool to watch.
Great night

GRAHAME
GRAHAME

Back to top Go down

Post  Partizan Fk Mon May 21, 2012 4:42 pm

G your a machine seriously.Some guys did find it tough but i think everyone had a great time i guess.I hope my report reflects this.Pics will be posted tomorrow.
Partizan Fk
Partizan Fk
President

Back to top Go down

Post  Alan Mon May 21, 2012 5:12 pm

Sounds like you all had a good time, who got the Kraken ?

It is pretty cool seeing a squid nail a prawn, around a week and a half ago Andy, Shane and myself witnessed a squid nailing a prawn at Wilsons after it had followed my jig in, it turned off my jig and B lined it straight at the prawn and hammered it, very cool stuff to watch.

Cheers,
Al
Alan
Alan

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Mon May 21, 2012 5:36 pm

Sounds like another good night was had by all. Well done Ned on the big squid.
I dont think I have seen squid eat anything that hasnt come in a box from Japan.
Matt
Matt

Back to top Go down

Post  kaspar1501 Mon May 21, 2012 5:41 pm

Yeah i've seen squid eat prawns it is pretty cool. When i was out near peel island there were prawns carpeting the sea floor around horse shoe bay, there were many tiger squid of vareous sizes just picking the prawns up off the bottom and eating them but they weren't interested in any jigs. I heard you did pretty well Graham it was a shame that you missed the weigh in but good work in helping Rob. As for more time into squiding, i already spend enough time but learning how to catch them, i'm a little under equipted to catch squid the night and i'm constantly learning how to catch squid during night time. As i see it you never really stop learning.
Just my prefference, I really don't like to fish manly for squid it is a bit too crowded and a little over fished but it does have its up's and downs. I maily target squid around the day time and i do really well.
kaspar1501
kaspar1501

Back to top Go down

Post  onekaygee Tue May 22, 2012 3:34 am

Great night.

Howz 'bout talking to Fishing Monthly and getting us some exposure by putting the next comp in the Monthly Feature ?

Howz 'bout next round,having a 1st prize for the largest ARROW caught ?

Howz 'bout converting the Prize Money into Squid Tackle,i would prefer my $$ to go into something a bit more personal that a wad of cash ?

Ideas Neddles ?

Great night,dropped a few,but hey,thats Egi Thump !

onekaygee
onekaygee

Back to top Go down

Post  Partizan Fk Tue May 22, 2012 2:08 pm

Hey Jason there are some good ideas you have mentioned but we have worked out our prize format for this year at the AGM.We can relook at this next year unless anyone has anything to add.
Partizan Fk
Partizan Fk
President

Back to top Go down

Post  onekaygee Wed May 23, 2012 4:46 am

How about getting the Clubs Comp info and photos in Fishing Monthly ?

onekaygee
onekaygee

Back to top Go down

Post  QUEENSLANDER Wed May 23, 2012 5:31 am

Hi All- new guy here

I was there on Saturday nite (1st time) with my son and heard somebody talking about this club , so here I am.

We didn't do any good but a guy up from us landed a couple as did his son. Certainly some seriourly decked out people fishing for them.

Michael

QUEENSLANDER

Back to top Go down

Post  Partizan Fk Wed May 23, 2012 6:43 am

Gday mate i remember you and your boy.go through the site there are some handy tips on how to catrch them also there is a gold Coast Round coming up if you would like to come.We will partner you up with a more experienced guy or gal.
Just remeber to bring the best torch you can get some jigs a rod and a snack.Comps go for 4 hours plus.And as a said welcome.
Partizan Fk
Partizan Fk
President

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2