Brisbane Egi Club inc.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daiwa Australia servicing Imported Reels?

5 posters

Go down

Daiwa Australia servicing Imported Reels? Empty Daiwa Australia servicing Imported Reels?

Post  Edi Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:50 pm

Hi guys just wondering if anyone had any problems getting a reel serviced from Daiwa aust that was purchased overseas? This is not warranty service just cleaning as I dunked one of my reels in salt water on the weekend.

Cheers
Ed
Edi
Edi

http://www.egingu.com/

Back to top Go down

Daiwa Australia servicing Imported Reels? Empty Re: Daiwa Australia servicing Imported Reels?

Post  ShaneD Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:38 am

Ed,
They will probably still do it but they will charge you accordingly. I've heard if you purchased the reel here they will price the service a bit cheaper than what they will for overseas reels.
Give them a call or email them first and they should be able to give you an idea on cost.

Cheers
Shane

ShaneD

Back to top Go down

Daiwa Australia servicing Imported Reels? Empty Re: Daiwa Australia servicing Imported Reels?

Post  Edi Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:30 am

yep Shane, gave them a call today said they normally will service it but if jdm some parts maybe not available. Since it was a model they sold here he said it should be ok $40 for full clean.

Ed
Edi
Edi

Back to top Go down

Post  Partizan Fk Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:47 pm

Thats not bad
Partizan Fk
Partizan Fk
President

Back to top Go down

Post  ShaneD Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:26 pm

Yeah mate that's the going rate for a service, even from joe blow down the road.
So what model is the reel?
You know you could just upgrade to an Exist Hyper Custom, I know a guy who is selling one in Mint condition! Laughing

SD

ShaneD

Back to top Go down

Post  Edi Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:27 pm

Shane, it was a 2011 Caldia fitted with RCS w handle + power knobs all up I think i spent $450 on it. Fell into water at William gun jetty at 2am lol I was either very tired or my hands had frozen stiff that night.

No one was around, I was just going to leave it there and upgrade to a new emeraldas bounce but decided I'd try to fish it out with some leader line + heavy sinker + lure. As 2 months ago I hooked up someones fishing rig with a egi cheers anyway water was murky, could not see a thing but managed to hook it on the 3rd attempt.

ahahh no I don't want your exist no more spending on gear for this year...
Edi
Edi

Back to top Go down

Post  ShaneD Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:18 am

Hahahaha, that's a great story mate, I'm glad you got the combo back! It should be like new once they service it. No worries about the Exist, I'll probably well keep it if I don't get close to the $$$ I'm after.

Shane

ShaneD

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew T Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:49 am

Hey guys, sorry for the silly question but is the Daiwa service dept in Brisbane or do you need to post reels to them? Normally I service my own reels but if I have a mishap it will be good to know where to send it.
Andrew T
Andrew T

Back to top Go down

Post  Edi Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:38 pm

Hey Andrew they are in sydney, you have to ship it to them and i think they will charge $5.60 for shipping it back to you.
Edi
Edi

Back to top Go down

Post  kaspar1501 Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:55 am

I've dropped my daiwa e-gee and shimano sustain in the water a couple of months ago and i found the best thing to do after dunking a reel in the salt is to get a bucket of fresh water and leave the reel in it for half an hour then change the water and leave it for another half an hour so the salt is diluted, you probably already know that though. Then i gave the reels a quick dry and opened the reel up and pulled the whole thing apart, then i put all the parts under the airconditioner and let every them dry. Then i sprayed it all with wd40 to remove the old grease then it put new grease and oil on it and put it back together and it is as good as new but i didn't want to send my reels back because i put too many upgrades in an on them.
kaspar1501
kaspar1501

Back to top Go down

Post  Edi Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:00 am

yeah mate, first thing i did when i got home was put it in a bucket of water twice, but I didn't want to take it apart because of the mag seal oil inside the reel.

pretty cool stuff
Edi
Edi

Back to top Go down

Post  kaspar1501 Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:14 am

I thought you had the old caldia. Definately, don't pull apart those mag seal reels plus they have an alan key screws which are easy to wear the head of the screw. I think they added these new features so people would send there reels in for serviceing because if you don't have the right tools you can't pull your reel apart with out suffing something up.
kaspar1501
kaspar1501

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew T Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:31 am

Hey Edi thanks for the info. Can you post the info eg. address so I can make a note of it please
Andrew T
Andrew T

Back to top Go down

Post  Edi Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:01 pm

Hey Andrew the address is all in the form that you need to fill out when you send ur gear in.
Located here http://daiwafishing.com.au/?p=9864

Ed
Edi
Edi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down