Brisbane Egi Club inc.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brisbane Egi CLub Rnd 1 Wellington Point

3 posters

Go down

Brisbane Egi CLub Rnd 1 Wellington Point Empty Brisbane Egi CLub Rnd 1 Wellington Point

Post  andy Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:52 pm

Firstly I would like to thank everyone that could make the first Brisbane Egi Club social competition. As predicted, the weather forecast was near spot on for a change. Everyone had arrived on time for a 7pm start and after a quick briefing we were on our way.

The majority of people that attended ended up on the main jetty, this seemed to be the most logical place to start as we were fishing an incoming tide and there wasn't much water around. Wasn't long till I had heard that Tom had landed a small octopus unfortunately for Tom they don't count.

Around 8pm the heavens opened up and there was a strong down pour which saw Tom, Shane, Duncan and I think Ray sit out for a while till the rain died down. Rick, Mick and Myself kept casting away. Not long after Mick yelled out to me as he had finally landed something, following in Tom's footsteps Mick had landed a small octopus.

Around 9pm, Shane who had been sitting out since the rain started decided to get back into it. It didn't take him long till i heard him yell out that he was on and it ended up being the first Squid of the comp. After my poor netting skills, we finally managed to get it up to the jetty for a few pics. Since Shane is part of the Admin team he wasn't eligible to enter for prizes. And lucky he was eging for fun as his squid was just shy of the min 15cm tube length.

Not long after Shane received a call from Ray who had wandered off to the flats, Ray had finally landed his first ever squid, unfortunately for him it was way undersize, but none the less a very happy angler. Once everyone had gathered back at the cars, it was decided that we would have a lucky draw prize instead. Mick had arranged raffle tickets in advance and Tom was asked to draw them out, he had drawn his boss Duncan as the winner for the first comp ( i think Tom was putting on the Hoover effect there).

So as a wrap up, due to poor weather condition no one was awarded points. Congratulations to Duncan for being drawn in the lucky draw. And special thanks to Rick who made his way from Beenleigh. Thanks again to everyone that turned up, hopefully for the guys that were unable to make this round we will be able to see you at round 2 Northside. And hopefully the weather is better as well..

Thanks

Andy

Last edited by andy on Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:54 am; edited 2 times in total
andy
andy

http://brisbaneegiclub.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Brisbane Egi CLub Rnd 1 Wellington Point Empty Re: Brisbane Egi CLub Rnd 1 Wellington Point

Post  Raymond Y Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:20 am

It was definitely worth going Smile

Thanks Andy, Mick and Shane for putting me onto my first squid Smile.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Raymond Y
Raymond Y

Back to top Go down

Brisbane Egi CLub Rnd 1 Wellington Point Empty Re: Brisbane Egi CLub Rnd 1 Wellington Point

Post  andy Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:55 am

Thanks Ray for turning up, hopefully next comp or meet up i can get you onto a bigger one and even more heheheheh Razz

i will try and post some pics over the weekend, photobucket seems to be having lots of problems
andy
andy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mick Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:28 pm

Not the best time to run a competition with a cyclone off the coast Sad
But it was great to get the first round held.

Thank you to all that entered. 7 members was alot more than I had thought would turn up in conditions as bad as it was on the night.

As Andy mentioned,there were no legal size squid caught which was a shame.
But Ray catching his first ever made up for that Cool
Mick
Mick

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down