Brisbane Egi Club inc.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Expression of interest-round 4 Victoria Point

+4
GRAHAME
Paul
Alan
Mick
8 posters

Go down

Expression of interest-round 4 Victoria Point Empty Expression of interest-round 4 Victoria Point

Post  Mick Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:32 pm

Who's up for getting cold down my way!!
Mick
Mick

http://brisbaneegiclub.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Expression of interest-round 4 Victoria Point Empty Re: Expression of interest-round 4 Victoria Point

Post  Alan Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:31 am

Count me in.
Alan
Alan

Back to top Go down

Expression of interest-round 4 Victoria Point Empty Re: Expression of interest-round 4 Victoria Point

Post  Paul Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:41 am

why not...me too
Paul
Paul
Paul

Back to top Go down

Post  GRAHAME Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:01 am

yeah, i'm in too
any chance of the maps etc... is it still on this sunday?

g
GRAHAME
GRAHAME

Back to top Go down

Post  Mudskipper Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:34 am

Smile

Being the absolute newbie who signed up to the egi club today, I would be interested in having a looksee and a lash.

Umm, where and when and timings?

Regards

Pete
Mudskipper
Mudskipper

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:40 am

I think it's on this sunday from 3-7pm???
better check myself.
Paul
Paul
Paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:43 am

mudskipper
those details are corect...this sunday 3-7pm at viccy point.
Paul
just look for a bunch of mugs piled around a ute talking crap about squid...hahahahahahahahahahaha
Paul
Paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Mudskipper Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:58 am

Awesomme, thanks Paul. I will be seeking some tips and advice - typically newbie style. Very Happy

Just keep an eye out for an old fart in a Blue commodore that rumbles and is low slung. Twisted Evil

I'm getting some chemotherapy skin cancer treatment done at the moment so have to stay out of the sun - by Sunday I may be red as a beetroot. Too many years of surfin and fishing and boats Embarassed

Cyas there

Pete
Mudskipper
Mudskipper

Back to top Go down

Post  Mick Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:22 am

Nice work guys,see you all there on sunday.

The maps will be up before friday.
Mick
Mick

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:30 am

I'm keen, see you there.
Cheers Chris

Chris

Back to top Go down

Post  Mick Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:47 pm

Mudskipper wrote:Smile

Being the absolute newbie who signed up to the egi club today, I would be interested in having a looksee and a lash.

Umm, where and when and timings?

Regards

Pete

Pete,
Welcome mate Cool
All the info you need for the competitions are here-
https://brisbaneegiclub.forumotion.com/bec-competitions-f20/

Click on the "Listen up!" tags and have a read.
Mick
Mick

Back to top Go down

Post  Mick Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:15 pm

Sorry guys,I too have been extremely busy with business and personal matters.
Haven't even had time to wet a line lately Embarassed Embarassed which really hurts....

Anyways,here are the prizes for this round

1st place receives a Daiwa 10 egi holder case,attractant sheets for egi.

Expression of interest-round 4 Victoria Point Picture026

Plus this selection of egi's and the twin pack of hook keepers.

Expression of interest-round 4 Victoria Point Picture027

Heaviest squid prize consists of a Daiwa drinks cooler,Maria JP embroided patch and the 2.5 size Yo-Zuri.

Expression of interest-round 4 Victoria Point Picture025

Many thanks to Duncan and Janelle from Fishhead for there support with some of the prizes for this round.

Good luck everyone.
Mick
Mick

Back to top Go down

Post  Mick Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:46 pm

the high tide time is 4.51pm on sunday,which may seem a bit strange for the comp,but they seem to really come in and lurk around right on high tide.And continue to hang around on the outgoing.
My best results have been on the start of the outgoing tide down there,hopefully this timeframe will cover those angles!
They have always been a little more timid and scarce all the way up to high tide,strange but true..
Mick
Mick

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:28 am

G'day fellows,
My competitive nature is sending out an SOS! Is there any generous anglers out there wishing to give me any pointers on the where the squid hang in the Victoria Point area. I'll have to get out the street directory just to find my way there......
Of coarse any pointers would be helpful and appreciated, but seriously I'll just be happy to catch up with those whom will be present.
Cheers Chris

Chris

Back to top Go down

Post  Alan Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:11 am

I'm in the same boat as you Chris, the only time I have been to Vic pt was to visit Fish head tackle store.

Cheers,
Alan
Alan
Alan

Back to top Go down

Post  andy Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:13 am

Alan & Chris... you guys are both very experienced anglers I dont think you would have much trouble in finding them.
andy
andy

Back to top Go down

Post  GRAHAME Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:21 pm

sorry i can't help you much either, i'm not allowed to use the boat Sad
come up/down a little earlier for a chin wag

g
GRAHAME
GRAHAME

Back to top Go down

Post  Mick Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:59 pm

If you turn up early I can tell you some productive areas to try mate.

See you all at 3pm.
Mick
Mick

Back to top Go down

Post  Mudskipper Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:22 pm

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Umm, not sure where to post this but:

My first outing with the Egi club was awesomme. I learned a lot and will certainly be along at future events.

In all a very slick operaton. Sorry, I am a shocker memory for names but will get to know everyone over time.. I was getting a tad nervy when my favourite Reddy Bay spot failed to deliver but a least I caught my first ever competition squid, off the Viccy Point Jetty yayyy, albeit running close to finsh time.

Great bunch of friendly people with common interests, thanks for a great arvy/evening. I don't envy the weighmaster job though lol.

Congrats to the winner, that was a big mumma squid. Hope some photos get posted up somehere..

Pete
Mudskipper
Mudskipper

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:01 am

where do I start?????
OK...had the day planned to drop the kids off at a birthday party (ice skating) and the other at her friends house , then the wife and I would go to the movies and then have lunch together and then pick up the kids and maybe get down to viccy point for the last couple of hours of the comp....NOT!!!!! big kid decides to have a pile up on the skating rink and do her ankle in....so out the window go all my plans for this week just when a few inkers start to show up at my local haunt....BASTARD!!!
oh well thats kids for you....so by the time we picked them up and have a good look at Emily's hoof it's on with an ice pack and see what the morning brings......yep a swollen ankle....make a doc's app for her to get it checked out.
so all I could do was slip down to you know where just on dark and knock off a few squid...some good size ones too.
so it looks like I'll catch up on a few jobs around the house for the next couple of days but that will be OK as it's going to blow for a couple of days and that will fit in just fine.
at least I can get a fish in after dark when the wife gets home from work.
so there's my excuse for not making it to the comp this time.....can anybody top that??? hahahahahaha
ps...for sale...1 kid..slight defects but otherwise mouth still working fine..hahahaha
Paul
Paul
Paul

Back to top Go down

Post  KIONG Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:49 pm

Very Happy any updates for the round 4th comp?? heard from mudskipper sir that the big one was pretty amazing!! cant wait to see the photographs. yeah, weight measuring's pretty tough job, respect the coordinators!!

i feel paul man, felt so bad missin this one out, but 2 more days to end of exams, bounce comeon. got my new daiwa setup and new set of jigs, ready to camp out at the spots for intensive eging, make up for days with nose stuck in books. need advice from you guys soon!
KIONG
KIONG

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down