Brisbane Egi Club inc.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Expressions of interest Manly 5th May

+12
Green Machine
onekaygee
Aaron
grant H
Andrew T
Paul
ShaneD
Cactuar
ROBFISH
Alan
kaspar1501
Partizan Fk
16 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Expressions of interest Manly 5th May - Page 2 Empty Expressions of interest Manly 5th May

Post  Partizan Fk Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:12 pm

First topic message reminder :

The hour approaches for the first round at Manly.I hope everyone can come out.Should be a good night weather permitting.I understand some member's are unable to make some rounds but those who can I would really appreciate some commitment to this allocated date.So hope to see you there.
Partizan Fk
Partizan Fk
President

Back to top Go down

Expressions of interest Manly 5th May - Page 2 Empty Re: Expressions of interest Manly 5th May

Post  Aaron Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:01 pm

people are grouped into pairs, usually we try to group new members with more experienced members, it will be sorted on the night. We try to make new members feel confortable and understand you may be a little bit nervous bout starting, but this will be addressed on the night, hence the reason for people turning up well before start time to give us time to sort it all out =)
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Expressions of interest Manly 5th May - Page 2 Empty Re: Expressions of interest Manly 5th May

Post  Partizan Fk Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:11 pm

Guys When we pick pairs we try to pick new member's with the more experienced guys.Once you meet the guys they are helpful you wont get in anyone's way.We all learnt the same way.You can meet members and try organise sessions ,social events will occur during the season this will give you a chance to brush up on spotting and casting.I think if you haven't done it before you will do your heads in abit spotting them but once you get a an eye you'll be spotting them left right and centre.Even myself at times struggle to see what the other guy sees.No need to stress really.Just make sure you listen and youll pick up heaps.Guys tend to share when looking for squid.Most of you guys have met so it should be a hoot.Remeber if your partner spots one let them have a crack.Usually guys will lrt you or just ask.Dont cast over them.Guys have a good torch it comes in handy.It will help spot them.
Everything else will come as the season goes on.
Just keep your eyes and ears open.If your partner spots a squid dont shine your torch on it because you may spook it.Youll get the hang of it trust me.Its a comp but its fun also.Its not life or death.
We all come out for fresh air friendship and a feed so just have fun guys and dont stress
Partizan Fk
Partizan Fk
President

Back to top Go down

Post  Partizan Fk Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:50 pm

Another thing i forgot to ask from any members competing is if they could take a photo of any squid caught happy snaps so we can post them .I don't need spots guys just a pick of you holding a nice squid live if possible.Its nice to see some smiles and squid.I carry a small cheap camera with me so whoever is paired with me will be fine but if you have a camera phone that takes ok pics in the dark then it will be fine.Dont bring out your kick ass SLRS.We can create a gallery of pics and have a laugh and check out each others catches and what jigs they were taken with.
Partizan Fk
Partizan Fk
President

Back to top Go down

Post  onekaygee Tue May 01, 2012 6:27 am

Cant wait Guys.

Hanging for a Zoidberg Sesh !

Tight lines.

onekaygee
onekaygee

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew T Tue May 01, 2012 9:20 am

Thanks guys, bring it on!
Andrew T
Andrew T

Back to top Go down

Post  Green Machine Wed May 02, 2012 1:55 pm

Hi guys.

Been lurking in here for a while but never posted. From the Sunshine Coast but will try to make an appearance on sat night. In addition to the 15 bucks how much is it to join the club propper? How is the water clarity looking for the night. Shocking up here at the moment.

Look forward to getting a lesson in night spotting from the masters.

Nick.

Green Machine

Back to top Go down

Post  Partizan Fk Wed May 02, 2012 2:51 pm

Hey bud good to meet you.It will cost you nothing to join the club.Yeh come out mate the more the merry.Just come with the best torch you have.The water is ok i guess i havnt had any reports.The guys are getting afew.
Partizan Fk
Partizan Fk
President

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Wed May 02, 2012 3:49 pm

Hi Fellas.
I will be there - if I can get over this damn cold that I have got!

I haven't had a squid session this season so I will be rusty, and therefore doubtful as any sort of challenger for the podium - just looking forward to catching up and having a laugh.

Matt
Matt

Back to top Go down

Post  Partizan Fk Wed May 02, 2012 4:19 pm

Hey Matt you may have to sweat it out hehe it will be great to see you
Partizan Fk
Partizan Fk
President

Back to top Go down

Post  ShaneD Wed May 02, 2012 4:31 pm

Hey Matt, like my little girl says "harden up cupcake"! Razz Hope to see you there mate, it's been a long time! Very Happy

Shane

ShaneD

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Wed May 02, 2012 5:06 pm

alright I will take my tutu (spelling - or is that Desmond?) off and go dust off my gear. I fear that I may be somewhat lacking in egis but you never know.

If anyway feels like a bit of a recon trip in the next couple of nights give me a hoy 0437637088
Cheers
Matt
Matt

Back to top Go down

Post  kaspar1501 Wed May 02, 2012 5:14 pm

i will be down friday catch and releaseing
kaspar1501
kaspar1501

Back to top Go down

Post  Partizan Fk Thu May 03, 2012 9:57 am

Guys id like to remind everyone there is a self imposed one week ban on fishing an area before the comp.I cant really stop you fishing there but its a fair play rule and it will keep up numbers and keep it interesting
ITS UP TO YOU!
Partizan Fk
Partizan Fk
President

Back to top Go down

Post  ShaneD Thu May 03, 2012 10:04 am

Good reminder Ned, yes it should make it a lot better for us Saturday night if they don't get stung before hand. This doesn't stop you checking out the area to see if the squid are about though clown

SD

ShaneD

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Thu May 03, 2012 10:11 am

Fair call Ned. Can't say that I was aware of it though.

Happy just take the torch down for a spot.

Cheers Matt

Matt
Matt

Back to top Go down

Post  kaspar1501 Thu May 03, 2012 11:12 am

yeah i might go for a look. it is a silly because this time of year the squid are moveing alot through out the bay it should be imposed towards the end of the season when the squid hang around the same area before they die.

Last edited by kaspar1501 on Thu May 03, 2012 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total
kaspar1501
kaspar1501

Back to top Go down

Post  Partizan Fk Thu May 03, 2012 11:20 am

Dude its not a rule its somthing you could do if you wanted to.I just dont want to hear you say oh its a hard night no squid because they were thrashed the week before by memebers.
As for stupid things open your mouth when these things are mentioned dont say one year later oh its stupid.As i may recall alot of memebers agreed on this type of system.
Partizan Fk
Partizan Fk
President

Back to top Go down

Post  kaspar1501 Thu May 03, 2012 11:27 am

i was just saying it was a silly this early in the season but it is an important for later in the season. i'm not going to go for a squid fish but if i was to go as i said i would do catch and release but i will do the right thing and give them a rest. i have a very good idea where they will be and now they will be feeding after a heep of night and day seshions this year so fingers crossed it all comes together
kaspar1501
kaspar1501

Back to top Go down

Post  Cactuar Thu May 03, 2012 11:39 am

I think its more to keep it interesting than for numbers itself, prefish bans are so it evens the field a little
Cactuar
Cactuar

Back to top Go down

Post  kaspar1501 Thu May 03, 2012 11:58 am

well squid are unpredictable but i will go down with a spot light
kaspar1501
kaspar1501

Back to top Go down

Post  Desmond Thu May 03, 2012 2:36 pm

I'm also new to squid fishing and I will have a go.

Des

Desmond

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Thu May 03, 2012 4:31 pm

Good on you Des,

Look forward to meeting you
Matt
Matt

Back to top Go down

Post  Partizan Fk Thu May 03, 2012 4:37 pm

Thats the spirit Desmond.See you there
Partizan Fk
Partizan Fk
President

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave H Fri May 04, 2012 3:31 pm

I'm in see u all there finally just got my computer back online might be an omen
Dave H
Dave H

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Sat May 05, 2012 5:05 am

G'day members,
unfortunately, I have work commitments tonight & won't be there for the first meet of the season!
Chris

Chris

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next