Brisbane Egi Club inc.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Final Round

+3
Chris
Alan
andy
7 posters

Go down

Final Round  Empty Final Round

Post  andy Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:52 am

Well what can I say. This year has been a tough season.

Originally we had planned to have the finla round at Manly, however the conditions presented to us were not favourable for a Manly round. The decision was made around lunch time to move the location to the northside.

We had a total of 5 starters this time consisting of Paul, Kaspar, Ned, Alan and Myself.
Conditions were not great as the wind was still blowing around the 15knot + mark. However the water conditions were still passable with water visability being quite good.

High tide was around 7pm and by that time everyone had made their way from the start point along the foreshore and up to woody point jetty. Everyone had congregated around the shallows.

At approx 730 I was the first to hook up with a decent squid. Initial guess was for it to be around the 600-700grm mark. Not long after that I spotted another one and so did Paul. The squid took a liking to my jig (yamashita egi oh q live in BRPK). But unfortunetly did not connect properly and I dropped it.

By that time it was nearing on 8pm and still no one had caught anything. Everyone wandered around in the shallows, Alan had spotted one but was unlucky as it was spooked before he even had the chance to cast out.

With not much happening over the next 2 hrs everyone started to make their way back to the meet up point. After checking out the area at the meet up point we had all made our way back to the cars. We decided to call the end of the round by 1030 as the water was quite low and there was not much action.

With no one else catching anything the clear winner was Myself. The squid came in at 570grms. With the boost in points my final total for the year had been pushed up to 23, beating the favourite for the year Paul by 3 points.

Id like to thank everyone that has participated throughout the year. Hopefully next year will be better.

Cheers

Andy

Last edited by andy on Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:29 am; edited 1 time in total
andy
andy

http://brisbaneegiclub.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Final Round  Empty Re: Final Round

Post  Alan Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:15 am

Yep, well done Andy, like most rounds this year it was tough and you deserved the win . Congratulations on taking out this years BEC Champion.

Big thanks to the guys who turned up.

And a massive thanks to Peter and the guys from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for all their support through out the year, without them we wouldn't be able to offer all the great prizes we have had for each round this year.

Cheers,
Al

PS will get some pics of the night up asap.
Alan
Alan

Back to top Go down

Post  andy Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:29 am

it was very unexpected win hahha. And of course a very big thank you to Peter and the Fish On Pro team.
andy
andy

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:42 am

Well done Andy!
Best wishes to you and the other members, until next season
Regards Chris
PS next year I'll check the forum more carefully for changes to dates & locations of events, and then I'll turn up at the right location

Chris

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:57 pm

what can I say...pipped at the post by Andy....the story of my life...lol.
a big congrats to Andy on his win and he deserves the crown for the year...a big thanks to our sponsors at fish on pro for the prizes and a big thanks to all the crew for participating in the comps this year and I look forward to next year and with a bit of luck better numbers of squid on the nights we do comps.
a huge thanks to Alan and Andy for all the work they put into organising the years events and prizes...top job guys.
well it's almost time to pack away the squid gear for another year and break out the fish fishing gear and concentrate on other dwellers of the deep.....or shallows.
we discussed doing some social fishing during the "off season" so dont be shy and give me a buzz or I'll put a post up with what and where I'm doing so anyone can join in.
well thats me all mugged out.
mug
Paul
Paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Alan Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:24 pm

Yeah hard luck Mug I thought you had it in the bag you did well though mate the last 2 rounds were bloody tough unfortunately.

Also, got to say hats off to Andy for generously passing down his club champions prize (K'slabo eging rod donated by Fish on Pro Shop) to the runner up champ Paul (The Mug), good on ya Andy.

Cheers,
Al
Alan
Alan

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:40 am

your right on the money there Al...a true champion....but hey...fair swap...he looked as happy as I was with the visa hat....and to everyones amazement...he's got hair lol! ...you could see it sticking out the top of the visa lol! ....first time I've ever seen it lol! lol! lol!
mug
Paul
Paul

Back to top Go down

Post  andy Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:11 pm

hahahahahhahah - you should see my hair when im not fishing - think dragon ballzcharacter hair (tip asian style) hahahah

Im putting the win down to pure luck.
Paul have you had the chance to ink the rod yet??

Cheers

Andy

Last edited by andy on Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
andy
andy

Back to top Go down

Post  Alan Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:01 pm

Dragons ball hair Shocked Shocked Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing ?????
Alan
Alan

Back to top Go down

Post  kaspar1501 Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:00 pm

hahaha Laughing lol!......... yes well if you are a dragon ball z character you can't be buu thats me
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
kaspar1501
kaspar1501

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:26 pm

andy wrote:hahahahahhahah - you should see my hair when im not fishing - think dragon ballz hair (tip asian style) hahahah

Im putting the win down to pure luck.
Paul have you had the chance to ink the rod yet??

Cheers

Andy
not yet mate....thinking of jumping the barge over to straddie to find some squid to break her in.....waters too bloody dirty over here atm.
mug
Paul
Paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan K Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:27 pm

Well done Andy.......

Pipped at the post Paul. Never mind, you had a great start to the year and I do not think I am alone in thinking you had it in the bag with 2 rounds left to go......Well done to both of you, and I must thank all club members who I have met and enjoyed eging with in this my first season with the club. I have thoroughly enjoyed meeting everyone and participating in the few rounds I was able to make. You hae all made me feel most welcome, and for that I give my thanks......Look forward to seeing you all out and about again soon.

Cheers
Dan K

Dan K

Back to top Go down

Post  Alan Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:34 am

Pics from the night. Sorry for the delay been lazy and time has got ahead of me.
Prizes, thanks Fish on Pro Shop[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] The winner, Andy[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Winning squid [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Nacho Libre Very Happy [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Championship Prize, K'slabo eging rod, donated by Fish on Pro Shop[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Mug admiring his new rod courtesy of Andy[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] The man has hair Very Happy, gotcha Andy Razz [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Alan
Alan

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:37 am

hansome looking bunch....especially that big fag with the mostache ..... hubba hubba
hahahahahahahahahaha Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
mug
Paul
Paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Partizan Fk Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:39 pm

Hahaha you guys crack me up thats why i love going out with you its always fun guys seriously.
Partizan Fk
Partizan Fk
President

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:15 am

down NED!!!....stop hitting on us hahahahaha
mug
Paul
Paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:36 am

I think that new rod is going to wait now till next year before it see's any action....unless Andy and I get a good day to go to straddie.
plenty of time to shop around for a nice reel....one of those aird 1000??? I think it was looked pretty spiffy.
mug
Paul
Paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Alan Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:10 am

I'd go for the 2000 or 2500 size Mug, you would end up with a more balanced outfit plus you'll probably find you will get more casting distance also with a decreased likely hood of wind knots due to the larger diameter of the spool.
Alan
Alan

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:41 pm

wind knots are for people who use that braid crap hahahahahha Laughing
I'll stick to me trusty mono
mug
Paul
Paul

Back to top Go down