Brisbane Egi Club inc.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Expressions of Interest Gold Coast 2nd June

+10
GRAHAME
Green Machine
Desmond
Chris
grant H
onekaygee
ROBFISH
Cactuar
kaspar1501
Partizan Fk
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Expressions of Interest Gold Coast 2nd June Empty Expressions of Interest Gold Coast 2nd June

Post  Partizan Fk Thu May 24, 2012 4:55 pm

Hi guys the next competion round is coming up at Gold Coast 2nd June 2012.Please try make the effort and come down for one of the prettiest back drops in the completion.Pending weather.Lets make this round a success.All member's are welcome.
Details
Competition Round
Meet time: 3.30pm to 4.00pm
Meeting location:Cnr of Gold Coast Hwy(Marine Parade) & Nind St., Southport
In front of the Gold Coast Sportfishing Club
Competition Start time:4.43pm
Competition Finish time:8.43pm
Cost:$15 Please bring the correct money.There will be no change.
Thanks for the help with location and maps Chris

http://www.map-generator.net/en/maps/2909
Partizan Fk
Partizan Fk
President

Back to top Go down

Expressions of Interest Gold Coast 2nd June Empty Re: Expressions of Interest Gold Coast 2nd June

Post  kaspar1501 Thu May 24, 2012 5:08 pm

i'm in
kaspar1501
kaspar1501

Back to top Go down

Expressions of Interest Gold Coast 2nd June Empty Re: Expressions of Interest Gold Coast 2nd June

Post  Cactuar Thu May 24, 2012 8:55 pm

looks like im working nights that weekend, best of luck guys ill definately try to make the next round
Cactuar
Cactuar

Back to top Go down

Post  ROBFISH Fri May 25, 2012 5:13 am

RACOON ROB WILL BE THERE. I CAN WAIT NED. lol!
ROBFISH
ROBFISH

Back to top Go down

Post  onekaygee Fri May 25, 2012 5:14 am

Count me in.

onekaygee
onekaygee

Back to top Go down

Post  grant H Fri May 25, 2012 7:43 pm

me and jordy will be there for sure.

cheers grant
grant H
grant H

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Tue May 29, 2012 5:49 am

A map of the competiton boundaries and known squid haunts will be supplied to those participants on the day.
Catch you there......
Chris

Chris

Back to top Go down

Post  ROBFISH Tue May 29, 2012 7:44 am

Thanks Chris lol!
ROBFISH
ROBFISH

Back to top Go down

Post  Desmond Wed May 30, 2012 1:21 pm

Looks like rain forecast for the weekend. What is the chance that it will be postponed for the alternative date? I plan to attend the Gold Coast round.

Des

Desmond

Back to top Go down

Post  Partizan Fk Wed May 30, 2012 2:03 pm

It goes ahead even with rain mate.Make sure you wear dry clothes.I think it will be ok last year the Redcliffe round was the wettest by far but was a hoot.The GC will be showers.I don't know ill be there.If there is lightening or unsafe it will be moved but what data i have it is still going ahead.
Partizan Fk
Partizan Fk
President

Back to top Go down

Post  Green Machine Thu May 31, 2012 11:41 am

I'm about an 80% chance of attending (work on sat looking unlikley at this stage Cool ).

Never egied the goldy before. Any tips Laughing

Nick.

Green Machine

Back to top Go down

Post  GRAHAME Thu May 31, 2012 2:09 pm

bring a good rain coat....... Laughing

the Goldy can fish a little differently to places like manly due to having some areas with deeper water, yet other areas fish basically the same.
I (and maybe Chris as well) will most likely be at the meeting point from about 3:30pm, there will be location maps available on the day with some "hot spots" marked on it. come along early and ask what ever you want, you may have to divide the info with a BS factor......but you can still ask Rolling Eyes

see you all on Saturday
GRAHAME
GRAHAME

Back to top Go down

Post  kaspar1501 Thu May 31, 2012 2:31 pm

Nick as Grahame says bring a rain coat. The gold coast is very good spot in that the water won't be that dirty after all the rain and the water quality is generaly very clean but it pays to bring a variety of jigs big and small and different colours. There are also many different locations to fish with different conditions such as shallow and deep water as well as strong and minimal current flow and different types of structure for squid to hang around.

Grahame i was wondering were the boundaries are for the comp because i have some very good spots around Paradise Point, Runaway Bay and Labrador are some of these spots out of bounds? Also is the sand pumping jetty out of bounds because you get alot of big squid around the pilons and lights there at times.
kaspar1501
kaspar1501

Back to top Go down

Post  Green Machine Thu May 31, 2012 3:04 pm

Thanks fellas. Hopefully will see you there. Off to do some google earth work Wink .

Nick.

Green Machine

Back to top Go down

Post  GRAHAME Thu May 31, 2012 3:22 pm

kaspar1501 wrote:

Grahame i was wondering were the boundaries are for the comp

I don't know
I am not part of the organizing committee, you will have to check with Ned on the day
GRAHAME
GRAHAME

Back to top Go down

Post  Partizan Fk Thu May 31, 2012 4:59 pm

G what's the question mate am i missing something.Should be a great session guys just bring wet weather gear please to ensure a dry session.
Partizan Fk
Partizan Fk
President

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave H Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:35 pm

not looking good weather wise guys!!!
what the forecast is saying is up to 200-300mm based on a low forming of Byron bay if this occurs we will need really good rain coats and superman powers to see through it
I ride my motorbike daily to work an definitely no fun down here today as It has not stopped since midday

Please advise on your thoughts
Dave H
Dave H

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave H Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:39 pm

PS the squid have been fishing well so far this week to
from the grand to sunnydale bridge
Dave H
Dave H

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:53 am

#### the rain.....I got a wetass last night...so count me out...not taking two in a row hahaha
good luck guys.
mug
Paul
Paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Green Machine Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:37 am

I'm out. Have awoken sick as a dog this morning. Friggen kids and their pestilence. Sorry fellas.

Nick.

Green Machine

Back to top Go down

Expressions of Interest Gold Coast 2nd June Empty Gold Coast Round Cancelled

Post  Partizan Fk Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:49 am

Guys ive received a report from Chris on the Gold Coast he has recommended the Gold coast Round is cancelled due to poor conditions.The next round will be the alternate round TBA.Sorry for the stuff around.
Partizan Fk
Partizan Fk
President

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:33 am

No worries Ned. I wasn't gonna come if it was rain. I melt in the rain.

Steve

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:54 am

Great call!
Here on the goldie it had been raining intermittently all morning on the day of the competition, but come 16:00 it poured down all through the night.
It was a shame not to get to see your ugly face Ned, but the season is still early.....
See ya soon
Chris

Chris

Back to top Go down

Post  kaspar1501 Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:25 am

Good call Chris. Ned, Robbie and I went for a fish last night it was wet but the water clarity was good and we managed to get 6 tigers with one about the same size as the one ned got on the social round, not a bad night at all the only problem was the rain.
kaspar1501
kaspar1501

Back to top Go down

Post  ROBFISH Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:57 am

Where doid you go for a fish Goldcoast or Manly
Cheers Rob
ROBFISH
ROBFISH

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum