Brisbane Egi Club inc.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emeraldas Interline

5 posters

Go down

Emeraldas Interline Empty Emeraldas Interline

Post  Cactuar Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:57 am

Ok ive had this rod for long enough to give you the DL, when i first started eging i bought a bream stick and went to woody point cos i thought hey this is where i hear the squid is at, armed myself with a few razorbacks i had from a few bait fishing sessions, and away i went first things first on windy days line wrap and wind knots are a B*&^% then i did some reasearch and joined the club met up with a few of the guys and Andy.... the romance began (with the emeraldas interline), no line wrap wind knots geeze, it broaden my horizons to a world id only dreamed about. I put my savings on hold and picked up the ST81M-MD emeraldas interline... i know right.... best investment ever. ive had it almost 2 years now its seen more ink than a tatooist and going strong and no the interline is not just for getting rid of those pesky wind abborations but gives you a better overall feel, its tough too ive caught a 68cm flatty on it snapper and even a aussie salmon, casts egi's and lures like a dream great preformance, was talking to a daiwa pro and although i dont recommend he said he's knockd on rocks scuffed you really have to put the hurt on it to do any damage which is always good to hear. On the cons side dont loose threading wire, and keep your knots slim (really slim improved albright, fg, or slim beauty) or as i learned you wont get off the ground, although maybe on the exce side of the priceline definately worth a look-in.
I dont really do reviews but i thought it needed one and it really is a winner.
Cactuar
Cactuar

Back to top Go down

Emeraldas Interline Empty Re: Emeraldas Interline

Post  andy Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:26 pm

Nice user review les. I had one too and its an awesome rod which I regret selling but I couldn't let it sit gathering dust. If I were to get a new one it would be the 82hd or 86hd ex model which isn't available here and uses the svf compile x material. Something about interline rods just make them awesome, but I'm a lazy bastard and I have on a few occasions left the wire home, which could potentially ruin a great session
andy
andy

http://brisbaneegiclub.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew T Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:23 pm

Hey guys, I've seen different interline rods with lettering like MD, MH, or MHI. Does anyone know what suits land based eging better? Thinking of a 83 or 86 length. Any opinions?
Andrew T
Andrew T

Back to top Go down

Post  andy Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:32 pm

Andrew T wrote:Hey guys, I've seen different interline rods with lettering like MD, MH, or MHI. Does anyone know what suits land based eging better? Thinking of a 83 or 86 length. Any opinions?

If ur going off the plat website the
M= medium
ML = medium light
MH = medium heavy

Imo MH is not necessary for our cond as most squid in seq would not push 1.5kg. Even if they did if u know how to play them and have your drag set correct you shouldn't have a problem.

andy
andy

http://brisbaneegiclub.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew T Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:28 pm

Thanks Andy
Andrew T
Andrew T

Back to top Go down

Emeraldas Interline Empty RE:EMERALDA INTERLINE

Post  ROBFISH Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:02 am

Cool SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT EGI ROD CODREA .I CANT AFFORD A DIAWA AT THE MOMENT. I BOUGHT A EGI FORCE-C ROD OFF PETER AT FISH ON PRO SHOP FOR $215 .DOES THAT SEEM OK TO USE FOR A ENTRY LEVEL ROD? lol!
ROBFISH
ROBFISH

Back to top Go down

Post  Alan Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:33 am

Nothing wrong with the egi force rods Rob, they are a good egi rod at a great price. Good to see you purchasing off the sponsor also, Pete's a top bloke to deal with and has been very generous towards BEC over the last couple of years since we started.

Cheers,
Al
Alan
Alan

Back to top Go down

Post  Cactuar Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:47 am

Like alan said the egi-force rods are good, you dont have to start the same way dont stretch yourself, but if you gots the cash Interline is the way to go

Last edited by Codrea on Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Cactuar
Cactuar

Back to top Go down

Post  Alan Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:50 am

?

Last edited by Alan on Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Alan
Alan

Back to top Go down