Brisbane Egi Club inc.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daiwa E-Gee 2506

4 posters

Go down

Daiwa E-Gee 2506 Empty Daiwa E-Gee 2506

Post  andy Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:11 pm

Well my first dedicated eging reel was a Daiwa Egee 2506 that i received as a birthday present. what can i say the reel is awesome for the money.
Daiwa E-Gee 2506 IMG_0726

This reel would be considered as a entry level "dedicated eging" reel. It features finesse drag, shallow spool, 55mm machined handle and large eva "eging" knob.
Daiwa E-Gee 2506 IMG_0727

the reel i have has been spooled with daiwa saltiga surf 15lb. this is a great thin 8 strand braid which allows for long casts. The features of this reel include 5+1 bearings, 4.7 ratio, 3kg max drag and weighing 255grms (pls note the double handle is heavier at 275grms). There are parts of this reel that can be improved upon and that is with the addition of a spool support bearing and a handle knob bearing. Both these mods greatly improve on the overall performance of the reel and I highly reccomend doing it.

Daiwa E-Gee 2506 IMG_0728

originally i had this reel matched to a 7'9el majorcraft raycal, and this setup was near on perfect. the weight of the reel was balanced out very well with the length of the rod. Since owning this reel, maintenance wise i just followed a strict routine of tightening the drag rinsing under fresh water after every use. Then allowing it to dry throughly and then a few drops of daiwa oil onto the bearings.

Daiwa E-Gee 2506 IMG_0729

i have now owned the reel for just over 1 yr and all that has been needed was one major service. the great thing about daiwa is the interchangability, as now i have a spare 2500 spool where i can now switch and between the two (one for normal fishing and the original for lighter finesse apps or eging)

in conclusion, i highly reccomend this reel to anyone after a "dedicated" eging reel but is not after spending too much. even with a shorter rod (normal bream stick) the reel is very nicely balanced, bang for buck.

Daiwa E-Gee 2506 IMG_0731

(*please note this review is based on my own opinion)
andy
andy

http://brisbaneegiclub.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Daiwa E-Gee 2506 Empty Re: Daiwa E-Gee 2506

Post  Dan Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:25 am

IMO one of the better bang for your buck reels on the market. I might pic one up for travelling as it would hurt a lot less than losing a certate. I could run a couple of spare spools to cover all options and be set. The finesse spool and eging knob are a really nice touch and not seen on ADM reels in that price bracket.
Dan
Dan

Back to top Go down

Post  andy Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:43 am

Dan wrote:IMO one of the better bang for your buck reels on the market. I might pic one up for travelling as it would hurt a lot less than losing a certate. I could run a couple of spare spools to cover all options and be set. The finesse spool and eging knob are a really nice touch and not seen on ADM reels in that price bracket.

you wont regret it dan. pretty good reel for the money, and id deff reccomend it for someone that wants a good diawa reel that will do the job but not cost the world
andy
andy

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:44 am

Is the handle one piece like on custom certates or is it hinged?
Dan
Dan

Back to top Go down

Post  andy Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:47 am

Dan wrote:Is the handle one piece like on custom certates or is it hinged?

its hinged and has the shalft that goes through the main gear. doesnt make much if any difference to performance at all. and i deff reccomend getting a bearing for the spool and also one for the knob. makes a world of difference.
andy
andy

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:07 am

Haha, if it had one piece handle you wouldn't say that Laughing there's just a solid tight feel with them you can't get with a standard handle.
Dan
Dan

Back to top Go down

Post  beau Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:22 pm

Good to see this reel get the nod, have been eying one off but any one know where to get one in brisbane Question
beau
beau

Back to top Go down

Post  Nguyen Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:32 pm

Hi Beau,

I know that Fishhead was stocking them a few months back. I'm pretty sure they would still have it in stock. Just make sure you have a look at some online shops as prices can be very competitive.

Nguyen

Back to top Go down

Post  beau Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:42 pm

http://www.rayannes.com.au/products/rods-reels/daiwa/daiwa-spin-reels/daiwa-eging-game-special-2506-199/

this is the first one i have seen on line but will do my home work tho, Dont know if its a good price or not time will tell
beau
beau

Back to top Go down

Post  andy Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:25 am

fishhead are the only ones that i know of that stocks it in bris. and to make things even better its a double handle version. otherwise its plat etc. oh forgot to mention ive since added a breaden double handle to it and although it adds a lil bit of extra weight it deff balances the reel and rod/s out
andy
andy

Back to top Go down

Post  beau Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:22 pm

should i pick up the spool and handle bearing while there or online?
beau
beau

Back to top Go down

Post  andy Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:32 pm

beau wrote:should i pick up the spool and handle bearing while there or online?

thats up to you. i got mine seperatly and from different placese. the spool bearing i have for it is an oem daiwa one ordered from daiwa japan, where as the handle bearing i have was ordered by mick. im not sure where he got it from though. but those two things in my opinion are a deff must. makes everything "feel" that extra bit smoother hahahahah. im not sure how much a shop here charges for the bearing but when i got the spool one it was about $20aud and that included sharing shipping
andy
andy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down