Brisbane Egi Club inc.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Member Night

+12
Paul
johnlc
David Bea
Garen
Aaron
timwunna
smithy
Partizan Fk
Recon 1
Andrew T
Apoc (Clint)
GRAHAME
16 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

New Member Night - Page 3 Empty New Member Night

Post  GRAHAME Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:38 am

First topic message reminder :

We always seem to get a boost in membership this time of year, which is a good thing.
My question is........

is there enough interest from members new to the sport to hold an introduction night?

My thoughts would be to have a coupe of hours of show & tell / Q & A about rods, reels, lines, leaders, jigs, etc. seminar style to cover the basics, followed by a fishing session (weather depending).
You would get a chance to see and get touchy feely with the gear a lot of members use.
I am happy to donate my time, and depending on numbers we might be able to get some of the other 'senior' members involved as well.
It would be held sometime in March, with the date to be determined by conditions

Reply to this thread to register your interest and we will see what we can put together for you
GRAHAME
GRAHAME

Back to top Go down

New Member Night - Page 3 Empty Re: New Member Night

Post  ROBFISH Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:26 pm

Thanks to Ned Graham & Robbie, for a great information night on Eging. It is good to see the new guys and members turn up to learn
more about catching some Squid .
Regards
Rob T lol!
ROBFISH
ROBFISH

Back to top Go down

Post  Garen Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:14 am

Really enjoyed the presentation! Very informative, thanks to all involved for putting on the event!
Garen
Garen

Back to top Go down

Post  GRAHAME Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:16 am

Thanks to the guys that turned up, its always good to meet up with new people and put faces to names.
I tried to keep it as short as I could, but also to cover as much info that is relevant.

Unfortunately the numbers of squid were down, however afterwards having a fish we did manage to see another 7, but all were smaller than the one I had caught earlier, and didn't hook any.

The numbers and size will improve in the coming weeks as the water quality gets better, and by the time the comps start in 6 weeks there should be plenty around to make things competitive.

Enjoy your Squidding
GRAHAME
GRAHAME

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew T Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:05 am

Hi G

Thanks again for the talk last night, It's always good to hear from an experienced fisho give their advise. I know I learnt a few extra tricks that I look forward to trying when the squid are on

Thanks
Andrew T
Andrew T

Back to top Go down

Post  timwunna Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:22 pm

Thanks for the info on the night. I am sure it will come handy later on the season. It was easier to get all the info in one hour then going through all the web pages. Thanks guys.

timwunna

Back to top Go down

Post  David Bea Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:54 am

Thanks for the information night, I can't wait to get out and try what you have shown me, Robbie thanks for showing me what squid in the water look like.

David Bea

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick El Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:34 am

Thanks everyone for the night....was amazing to hear Grahame and the terrific detail given.... much impressed

thankssssss

Nick El

Nick El

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum