Brisbane Egi Club inc.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Round 1 2011, Victoria Pt results.

3 posters

Go down

Round 1 2011, Victoria Pt results. Empty Round 1 2011, Victoria Pt results.

Post  Alan Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:21 pm

Hi Guys,

Once again we were plagued by the dreaded competition weather, was quite windy which in turn stirred up the water which made things difficult, thankfully it didn't rain.

Out of the 9 anglers that attended 3 squid in total were caught. Aaron was the first to land a squid within the first 20 mins of the session, was a nice little tiger that measured just on 15 cm, then around an hour later I caught a small arrow squid of around 13cm. The last squid caught for the night was caught by Paul, another tiger that measured 16.5 cm which was enough to win the round and biggest squid.

Congratulations to Paul for taking out first place and Aaron for second place.

Thank you again to all the members who turned up in what were less than ideal conditions, hope you all still had a good night even though very few squid were caught. Personally I had a ball, it was nice being on the other side of the fence handing out prizes rather than receiving them and every one ended up receiving a prize which was cool.

Another big thanks to Peter and the Fish on Pro Shop team for donating the prizes.

Also thanks to Ned for his donation to the prize pool.

I'll leave it to Andy to continue the report and post up some pics from the night and weights of the squid (all 2 of them) that were caught etc..

Cheers,
Alan

Alan
Alan

Back to top Go down

Round 1 2011, Victoria Pt results. Empty Re: Round 1 2011, Victoria Pt results.

Post  ShaneD Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:04 pm

Good job guys, in the conditions that prevailed on Saturday night you must all be congratulated for attending.
Great to see some squid caught, not huge in size or numbers but it's a start. Congrats also to Paul, hope you get stuck into some more comps in 2011 mate, wish I could have been there to share a laugh!

A HUGE thanks to Peter Hugill for his sponsorship of the evening, and also to Ned for his kind donation.

Hope to see you all at the next one, or for a session in between.

Shane

ShaneD

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:12 pm

from what I was told round 1 was like last year it was a great night.
a big thanks to the organisers and Peter Hugill for the sponsorship and prizes and all the crew who turned up.
I think we can call round 1's for the year a practice session for when things improve as the early round seems to be cursed with bad weather or dirty water.
looking forward to the next one.
Paul
Paul
Paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Alan Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:32 pm

Paul,
last years round 1 was a month earlier, round 2 was at this time last year and about 13 squid were caught, I did catch 11 of them though Very Happy but there were more squid around this time last year than there has been this year. Though in saying that, there may be more squid around than we think, we just haven't had any decent weather or the water quality to make it worth while to go out and target them, specially around my neck of the woods Crying or Very sad ...
Alan
Alan

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:42 pm

this time last year I was half black from ink....lol. tongue
I was expecting this year to be much later after all the rain we've had....and still getting...this sucks Sad
but on a brighter note my cross factor eging bag has been posted so it may be here in time for easter...fingers crossed.
Paul
Paul
Paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum